Global Workers seeks an enthusiastic, bilingual or highly proficient (Spanish-English) intern to join our team for the winter/spring semester! Global Workers Justice Alliance is a 501(c)(3) organization that works to reduce the level of exploitation in the transnational migrant workforce through a cross-border network of advocates in migrant sending countries – the Global Workers Defender Network.
The organization is rapidly growing and we are looking for an intern to work with various programming departments. The primary role of the intern is to assist with research on issues surrounding transnational migrants’ sending/receiving money in Mexico, our educational outreach efforts, as well as providing general support with the Defender Network and various projects as they present themselves.
The intern will be a team player, and contribute to meeting the day-to-day needs of the Global Workers office.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Commit to 10 hours per week (flexible)
• Have basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent research skills
• Be motivated, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
How to apply