Global Workers seeks an enthusiastic intern to provide support with web content during the spring semester of 2016. The intern will help upload blog, news, and other content as needed. The Intern will also work with our team to bring the latest data and research to our Visa Pages website. Visa Pages is a one-stop resource to find comprehensive information about the various non-immigrant visas U.S. employers use to bring temporary foreign workers from all over the world to work in the U.S. The interactive site provides advocates with the tools they need to pursue justice for their clients and exposes the need for true reform of the temporary work system.
Commit to an internship between February - May 2016. Start and end dates flexible, but must be able to commit to at least 10 weeks.
- Commit to at least 10 hours/week
- Have basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
- Possess high web and social media IQ
- Previous experience with content management systems (Preference for Drupal, though WordPress, Joomla, etc will suffice)
- Enthusiasm for technology and developing new technological skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple supervisors as part of a dynamic team.
Past experiences related to worker rights, migrant rights, and/or Latin America preferred